• The Future Investment Initiative (FII) Institute has partnered with world-class universities UM6P, HEC-Paris and leading science journal Nature
• Projects will look at ways to achieve zero net carbon goals to harnessing the power of AI and new research into the concepts behind the circular economy.
• The FII Institute is also supporting clean energy research at Precourt Institute for Energy - Stanford
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, 27 October 2021: The Future Investment Initiative (FII) Institute, a global non-profit foundation with one agenda: Impact on Humanity, has today announced projects with world-class universities and the world’s leading multidisciplinary science journal to make an impact on humanity.
The FII Institute has partnered with world-class universities Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, HEC-Paris and leading science journal Nature
It has also pledged significant support to clean energy research being undertaken at Stanford’s Precourt Institute for Energy.
The announcements came during the second day of the FII 5th Anniversary taking place in the Riyadh this week. As a global nonprofit foundation, these relationships will support the work of the FII Institute to make an impact in five areas: AI, Robotics, Education, Healthcare, and Sustainability.
FII Institute CEO Richard Attias said the institute is delighted to welcome the latest group of academics to the THINK pillar.
“These leading global institutions will help support the role of the FII Institute as a player within international thought leadership in support of our one agenda goal: Impact on Humanity. These relationships underscore the fact that these globally recognized organizations see the value of the FII Institute and believe in our mission to have a positive impact on humanity.”
“The academic quality of these institutions reinforces the FII Institute’s mandate to be a truly global catalyst for change. We are proud to have secured such high-profile educational agreements that will cover a hugely diverse range of research from ways to achieve zero net carbon goals to harnessing the power of AI and new research into the concepts behind the circular economy.”
Discussions, debates and presentations at the current FII revolve around investments that will create the greatest benefits for humanity, as multiple sectors witness a renaissance in the post- COVID era. The platform brings together world leaders, experts, innovators, and media in a global forum to explore pioneering solutions addressing society's challenges and propel action towards their realization.
President of the Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P), Hicham El Habti said he is “looking forward to seeing UM6P and FII continuing to join efforts towards making an impact through daring, experimenting and disrupting. I am confident that this collaboration will allow us to achieve the mutual goals of being impact generators through innovative research, capability building, education and investing in and for the future.”
Dean of HEC-Paris in Qatar, Pablo Martin de Holan said “We are delighted to work with FII to advance understanding of how to reconcile business models with the circular economy. HEC Paris is committed to creating actionable knowledge that will contribute to the solution of the global challenges of our time and help train the women and men who will lead the massive transformations that are required for a better, more sustainable, and more just world for us and future.”
Director of Stanford’s Precourt Institute for Energy and Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, Yi Cui, said he was grateful for the generous support from the FII Institute and the contribution to the clean energy research at Stanford.
Chief Publishing and Solutions Officer of Springer Nature, Steven Inchoombe, said: “through this partnership we aim to provide the research community and key decision makers with information they can use to accelerate solutions to key societal challenges.”
About FII Institute
FII Institute is a global nonprofit foundation with an investment arm and one agenda: Impact on Humanity. Committed to ESG principles, we foster the brightest minds and transform ideas into real- world solutions in five focus areas: AI and Robotics, Education, Healthcare and Sustainability.
We are in the right place at the right time – when decision makers, investors and an engaged generation of youth come together in aspiration, energized and ready for change. We harness that energy into three pillars – THINK, XCHANGE, ACT – and invest in the innovations that make a difference globally.
Join us to own, co-create and actualize a brighter, more sustainable future for humanity.
• Stanford University, one of the world's leading teaching and research institutions, based in Stanford, California. Recognizing that new breakthrough technologies are needed in many areas to enable the transformation of the world economy to net zero carbon by 2050, the goal of the FII Institute’s planned funding is to broadly explore novel ideas. There are two initial high impact areas to be examined - CO2 capture and building energy saving materials for clean and green living. However, the research scope will extend to other areas in the future.
• Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P), Moroccan non-profit private higher Education and Research institution that is impact and innovation driven, relies on multidisciplinary, experimental approaches in education and research to address local regional and Global challenges.
• HEC-Paris, leading business school in Europe. The school has been committed to developing and disseminating thought leadership around Climate & Sustainability issues for over 20 years. The partnership agreement calls for a long-term relationship where the FII Institute will create a research chair at HEC-Paris on the theme ‘Business Models for Circular Economy’.
• Nature, the world's leading multidisciplinary science journal, which publishes the finest peer- reviewed research. A first of its kind unique collaboration with Nature where both entities will collaborate on creating thought leadership and driving the conversation for novel research. As a unique first partner of FII in the African continent, the aims of this master agreement are for FII to join efforts with UM6P as a knowledge partner in addressing a number of areas including but not limited to Food Security, Sustainability, Healthcare, Artificial Intelligence among many others.