• Three categories of partners announced for 2019 – strategic, knowledge, technology partners
• FII partners act as key sponsors, content curators and innovation showcasers
• More than 6,000 attendees registered
• FII 2019 will take place from October 29th to 31st 2019 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
• Riyadh, January 27, 2019: The Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia (PIF) today announced 49 partners who are playing a central role in the development and delivery of the third annual Future Investment Initiative (FII), which will take place in Riyadh from October 29th to 31st 2019.
• In addition to the event’s partners, PIF also announced that nearly 300 leading global decision-makers, investors and experts from more than 30 countries have been confirmed to speak at FII 2019. The speakers reflect the global perspective of FII, with significant numbers coming from North America (39%), Europe (20%), Asia (19%) and the Middle East (15%). More than 6,000 senior-level attendees have also registered their participation for the event.
• For more information about the FII 2019 program and speakers, visit the FII website at www.futureinvesmentinitiative.com
• FII 2019 partners fall into three distinct categories:
16 strategic partners who are helping to shape the overall direction and development of the event. They include Dow Chemicals, HSBC, Samsung, LuLu Group International, Reliance Industries Limited, DP World, Riyad Bank, Saudi Arabia Basic Industries Corporation, Saudi Arabian Airlines, The Red Sea Development Company, Aramco, STC, and Ma'aden.
2 knowledge partners, comprised of some of the world’s leading professional services and consultancy firms, who are tasked with curating and hosting FII’s 12 cross-sector taskforces, designed to explore emerging business and investment trends and to identify early-stage growth opportunities. They include Deloitte, Ernst & Young, KPMG, Palladium, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Strategy&, SIA Partners, and the World Ocean Council.
21 technology partners from across the world who will drive conversations about new and emerging trends in tech, while showcasing some of the latest cutting-edge innovations from the fields of Artifical Inteligence, Augmented Reality, robotics, connectivity, and more. They include Extreme E, Gravity, Green Impact, Hive, Huawei, Markable, Ping An Good Doctor, Pure Harvest, Riva GmbH Energy Solutions, SenseTime, SoftBank Robotics, and Virgin Hyperloop One.
• FII was created to drive conversation and collaboration around some of the most pressing topics currently facing the world today – including sustainability, technology and the future of society. FII is dedicated to providing a truly inclusive platform that facilitates free and creative dialogue between policymakers, business leaders, investors, innovators and world-leaders.
For more information about the FII 2019 program and speakers, please visit the FII website
AYousef A. Al-Benyan, Vice Chairman and CEO of SABIC, said: “The Future Investment Initiative (FII) reflects the ambition of Saudi Vision 2030 and better brings to life its aspiration for a vibrant society by fostering new co-operation to tackle global challenges. It has earned international recognition as one of the most important global events and a place for serious business.
“SABIC is making a compelling contribution locally and on the world stage and holds a leading role at this exciting point in Saudi Arabia’s transformation journey. We are proud to once again be a Strategic Partner for FII and look forward to the valuable opportunities that this global platform provides for investment, business, and state leaders”.
Abdullah Alnabhan, Regional Director, Middle East, Palladium said: “We’re looking forward to participating in FII2019 and discussing how technology, business models and consumer habits will need to evolve so we can sustainably feed future generations”.
Mr. Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director, Reliance Industries Limited said: “Reliance Industries Limited is honoured to be a Strategic Partner at the FII. FII is an important forum with global thought-leaders to discuss and understand global trends in technology that will shape the future of several industries across the world”.
Hani Ashkar, PwC Middle East Senior Partner said: "Advances in technology and changes in consumer expectations have driven a shift in service standards and delivery models across many industries, including healthcare and tourism. As partners at the FII, we're looking forward to exploring and uncovering the societal impacts of these changes”.
Pierre-Louis Brenac, Managing Partner at Sia Partners, said: “Sia Partners is honoured to share Its research and thought leadership at the FII 2019, and be selected by the PIF to illustrate the investment trends that shape the energy landscape and the economy of tomorrow”.
Mutasem Dajani, Deloitte Middle East’s incoming CEO, said: “Transformative technologies ─ such as digital, cloud, analytics, and artificial intelligence (AI) ─ are becoming increasingly prevalent and will have impact on all organizations and markets, whether they are prepared or not. Working with the PIF and as knowledge partners of the FII, we look forward to discussing insights on how businesses need to evolve towards setting smart, and AI driven strategies and plans.
Mr. Darren Davis, President and CEO of Ma’aden, commented: “Ma’aden is pleased to sponsor FII 2019. We have been supporting FII through our participation over the past few years, addressing some of the most important trends and challenges affecting the investment landscape today. This year’s themes are directly relevant to Ma’aden’s strategy for growth and development. We are here to address the complex challenges of global food security and how we can we can rise to meet these challenges through efficient, sustainable and equitable systems. As a national champion for the mining sector, partnerships are central to Ma’aden’s development and we look forward to engaging with participants from a broad spectrum of industries and markets at FII this year”.
Kevin Guo, Co-founder & CEO, Hive said: "FII is a paradigm-shifting event connecting captains of industry and visionaries to exceptional investment and networking opportunities. I am beyond impressed by the programming and individuals attending this event. It truly is the opportunity of a lifetime for technology leaders”.
Michael Hayes, Global Head of Renewables KPMG said: “As the reality of climate change and the challenge of achieving global decarbonisation on a vast scale becomes fully evident, we need to recognise the critical importance of accelerating sustainable energy innovation in helping to deal with this impending catastrophe – otherwise we are setting ourselves up for failure!”
Sky Kurtz, Co-founder and CEO of Pure Harvest said: “We are delighted to participate in the FII 2019 and to lend our expertise as part of the ‘EAT’ taskforce where we will explore trends & opportunities in the food industry, as well as share our incumbent insights into how technology will be used to tackle food security concerns in the Middle East. Since launching in late-2016, Pure Harvest Smart Farms has strongly demonstrated the potential for innovative controlled-environment agriculture solutions to overcome climate-induced import dependence, to diversify economies, and to help the Middle East to grow more with less. We are committed to expanding our footprint in the region beginning with Saudi Arabia and we look forward to meaningful discussions on this international platform”.
Acting Director General Saudi Arabian Airlines, Mr. Sami Sindi, said: “As a leader in cross-global transportation and logistics, SAUDIA is proud to be a strategic partner of FII this year, a gathering of the world’s leading thinkers, investors and innovators who will consider, among other topics, how investment will redefine the future of transportation and tourism. We look forward to contributing to this informative and important discussion, and to exploring what is next for these important sectors.
John Pagano, CEO of The Red Sea Development Company said: “As the developer behind the world’s most ambitious luxury tourism project, The Red Sea Development Company is proud to be a Strategic Sponsor of FII. This is an important global forum for international decision makers from the public and private sectors, as well as civil society, to discuss the future of global business. The event is instrumental in raising awareness of the many opportunities for growth within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the wider global marketplace. We look forward to leading discussions related to the future of sustainable development, the growth of the tourism industry in the Kingdom and to share with interested investors the tangible progress that we are making toward creating a uniquely diverse luxury destination on Saudi Arabia’s Red Sea Coast”.
Tareq Al-Sadhan, Chief Executive Officer at Riyad Bank, stated: “We are delighted to announce Riyad Bank as a strategic partner for the 3rd edition of the Future Investment Initiative under the patronage of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz, and the leadership of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, considering such initiative to be of crucial importance to foster dialogue and build confidence among all parties concerned, including global business leaders, innovators, and government officials to adapt the latest trends in global investment as a step towards a promising future”.
Jay Walder, Chief Executive Officer, Virgin Hyperloop One, said: ““We are delighted to be returning to participate at FII this year, along with our investment partners DP World, and we have an amazing display to show guests how our technology will change the way they think about distance and speed. We will also be showcasing the results of a recent study conducted in the Kingdom showing the significant economic and job creation opportunities that comes with the deployment of a hyperloop system.”
• website: www.futureinvestmentinitiative.com
• Social Media Platforms
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/FIIKSA
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/18176488
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXEQ3MCLUTyUv_Hk_XLyC6g
• Media Contact: email@example.com
• About the Future Investment Initiative
Convened annually, the Future Investment Initiative (FII) is an international platform for expert-led debate between global leaders, investors and innovators with the power to shape the future of global investment. It is focused on utilizing investment to drive growth opportunities, enable innovation and disruptive technologies, and address global challenges
• The third edition of FII will continue building active, global networks of influential decision makers to explore the emerging industries that will shape the global economy and investment landscape over the coming decades.
• and governments as well as economic leaders since it was launched in 2017. Building on the theme of ‘A Blueprint for the 22nd Century’, the second edition of FII in 2018 saw more than USD60 billion (SAR225 billion) worth of agreements announced over the three days of the event. These agreements included major investments across a range of sectors, including energy, housing, health and ICT. FII 2018 attracted more than 3,500 participants from 88 countries, including representation from eight heads of state and more than 20 international ministers. In addition, more than 2.6 million viewers worldwide followed FII 2018 through the event’s livestream.
• FII is powered by the Public Investment Fund, the Kingdom’s main investment arm and one of the world’s leading sovereign wealth funds.
• About PIF
The Public Investment Fund (PIF) is one of the largest and most impactful sovereign wealth funds in the world, enabling the creation of new sectors and opportunities that will shape the future global economy, while driving the economic transformation of Saudi Arabia. PIF is building a world-class, diversified portfolio through investments in attractive, long-term opportunities across sectors and asset classes at both the domestic and international level. Working alongside global strategic partners and renowned investment managers, PIF acts as the Kingdom’s main investment arm to deliver a strategy focused on achieving attractive financial returns and long-term value for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in line with Vision 2030. More information can be found at www.pif.gov.sa