Riyadh, 28 October 2019: The Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia (PIF) today announced a series of global heads of state and senior policy makers that will attend the third annual Future Investment Initiative (FII), which is taking place from October 29th to 31st 2019.
• The leaders reflect the international nature of the event, with officials coming from North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
• Among the highlights of the program will be a series of on-stage discussions with international leaders. On Tuesday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will discuss ‘What’s next for India?’ with Ray Dalio, Founder, Co-Chairman & Co-Chief Investment Officer, Bridgewater Associates, while on Wednesday Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro will discuss how a new global investment environment can put Brazil ‘back in business’.
• Wednesday will also see a special address from His Majesty the King of Jordan, and a plenary session in which H.E. Muhammadu Buhari, President, Nigeria; H.E. Mahamadou Issoufou, President, Niger; H.E. Uhuru Kenyattta, President, Kenya; and H.E. Denis Sassou- Ngeuesso, President, Congo-Brazzaville will discuss “What’s next for Africa?”
• Heads of State and Government leaders attending FII 2019 include:
President Jair Bolsonaro, Brazil
Prime Minister Christophe Joseph Marie Dabiré, Burkina Faso
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, India
His Majesty King Abdullah, Jordan
President Uhuru Kenyatta, Kenya
President Mahamadou Issoufou, Niger
President Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria
President Julius Maada Bio, Sierra Leone
The speakers at FII 2019 include nearly 300 leading global decision makers, investors and experts from more than 30 countries. The speakers demonstrate FII’s global perspective, with significant numbers coming from North America (39%), Europe (20%), Asia (19%) and the Middle East (15%). More than 6,000 attendees have also registered their participation at the event.
• FII was created to drive conversation and collaboration around some of the most pressing topics currently facing the world today – including sustainability, technology and the future of society. FII is dedicated to providing a truly inclusive platform that facilitates free and creative dialogue between policymakers, business leaders, investors, innovators and world-leaders.
• For more information about the FII 2019 program and speakers, please visit the FII websitewww.futureinvesmentinitiative.com
Day One in Quotes
• Frederic Oueda, CEO, Société Générale “We’re one of the pioneers of the UN financing initiative, which means contributing effectively to the financing of the energy transition and having precise strategies relating to asset management and investment products.”
• Michael Froman, Vice Chairman, Mastercard “Doing good isn’t just about feeling good, it’s good for businesses and that’s fundamental to our model.”
• will.i.am, Founder & CEO I.AM.PLUS “People think it’s impossible and no-one is willing to take the risk. I come from nothing so I know what living with nothing feels like. I come from a ghetto and I have a company that created an AI that’s being used by Deutsche Telekom for customer service.”
• Jacques Attali, President, Positive Planet Foundation “What is important today is to focus on investing in infrastructure with a social impact. This is a pre-requisite for a positive future.”
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi, India “Clear rules and fair systems are vital to the growth of the private sector.”
For more information:
• Website: www.futureinvestmentinitiative.com
• Social Media Platforms
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/FIIKSA
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fiiksa/?hl=en
• Media Contact: email@example.com
• About the Future Investment Initiative Institute
Convened annually, the Future Investment Initiative (FII) is an international platform for expert-led debate between global leaders, investors and innovators with the power to shape the future of global investment. It is focused on utilizing investment to drive growth opportunities, enable innovation and disruptive technologies, and address global challenges.
• The third edition of FII will continue building active, global networks of influential decision makers to explore the emerging industries that will shape the global economy and investment landscape over the coming decades.
• FII has proven to be a substantial international platform for expert-led debate between investors, innovators and governments as well as economic leaders since it was launched in 2017. Building on the theme of ‘A Blueprint for the 22nd Century’, the second edition of FII in 2018 saw more than USD60 billion (SAR225 billion) worth of agreements announced over the three days of the event. These agreements included major investments across a range of sectors, including energy, housing, health and ICT. FII 2018 attracted more than 3,500 participants from 88 countries, including representation from eight heads of state and more than 20 international ministers. In addition, more than 2.6 million viewers worldwide followed FII 2018 through the event’s livestream.
• FII is powered by the Public Investment Fund, the Kingdom’s main investment arm and one of the world’s leading sovereign wealth funds.
• About PIF
About PIF The Public Investment Fund (PIF) is one of the largest and most impactful sovereign wealth funds in the world, enabling the creation of new sectors and opportunities that will shape the future global economy, while driving the economic transformation of Saudi Arabia. PIF is building a world-class, diversified portfolio through investments in attractive, long-term opportunities across sectors and asset classes at both the domestic and international level. Working alongside global strategic partners and renowned investment managers, PIF acts as the Kingdom’s main investment arm to deliver a strategy focused on achieving attractive financial returns and long-term value for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in line with Vision 2030. More information can be found at www.pif.gov.sa