Riyadh, January 28, 2021: The Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul) and the Future Investment Initiative Institute (FII-Institute) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to cooperate on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) in an effort to advance ESG awareness and improve performance in the Kingdom.
• The agreement entails publishing research, hosting events and engaging with key stakeholders to advance ESG impact in Saudi Arabia.
• Eng. Khalid Abdullah Al Hussan, CEO of Tadawul, and Richard Attias, CEO of the FII-Institute signed the MoU at the Fourth Edition of the Future Investment Initiative (FII) in Riyadh, an international platform for expert-led debate between global leaders, investors and innovators.
• “The agreement we signed with the FII-Institute comes at a critical juncture. The pandemic has highlighted how interconnected our markets, economies and lives are, positioning inclusive and sustainable growth at the forefront of leadership agendas. We, at Tadawul, recognize the importance of ESG for the enhancement of Saudi Arabia’s capital market and are delighted to be working with the FII-Institute and its strong platform to further promote ESG across Saudi Arabia, the region and beyond.” Commented Eng. Khalid Al-Hussan, Tadawul’s CEO.
• “We are very pleased to enter into an MoU with Tadawul to enhance our engagement and cooperation on ESG,’’ Mr. Attias said. ‘’This agreement reflects the FII-Institute’s commitment to advance ESG awareness and performance in the region and work with key stakeholders to advance our common sustainability objectives.”
• The Fourth Edition of FII is a multi-hub conference, with the theme of “The Neo-Renaissance”, that links leaders, investors, and policymakers on site and in telepresence as they reimagine the global economy amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
• The FII-Institute is an international not-for-profit organization based in Riyadh, mandated to transform innovative research/projects into actionable solutions that tackle major societal issues.
• About Tadawul
Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul) is the authorized entity in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to act as the Kingdom’s securities exchange (the Exchange), listing and trading in securities. The Saudi stock market is the 9th largest stock market among the 68 members of the World Federation of Exchanges and is the dominant market in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). The Exchange is the 3rd largest stock market amongst its emerging market peers. Tadawul’s market capitalization by the end of 2020 exceeded USD 2.4 Trillion, making it one of the top 10 stock exchanges globally.
For more information see: www.tadawul.com.sa
Tadawul’s media contact: Asma Alghamdi email@example.com
• About the 4th Edition of FII
The two-day conference saw over 150 leaders, investors, tech pioneers and policy makers connect in a new extended reality conference format, hosted by the Future Investment Initiative Institute, in a multi hub event, with an in-person event in Riyadh and hubs in Paris, New York, Mumbai and Beijing.
There will be keynote addresses, plenary sessions and also breakout discussions at all of the venues.
Watch the live stream here: and request an invitation to participate in day two’s program.
About the Future Investment Initiative
The Future Investment Initiative Institute is a new generation of global not-for-profit foundation that ensures the world’s brightest ideas find their way to materialize, scale and create positive sustainable Impact on Humanity.
With an ambitious vision to empower the brightest minds to shape a better future for ALL and with ALL, the FII Institute brings together leaders, investors and policy makers to collectively curate and enable concrete ideas that can solve today’s most pressing societal issues, while creating long-term platforms to reshape the future of humanity.
• Media General Inquiries Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org