• FII-Institute and Amundi Enter into ESG Research MoU Future Investment Initiative Institute “FII-Institute”, a global not-for-profit foundation and action-oriented institution based in Riyadh, has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Amundi, theleading European asset manager, to cooperate on Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Research. Riyadh, April 15th, 2021 – The FII-Institute,a new generation of not-for-profit global foundation that seeks to empower the world’s brightest ideas to materialize and scale sustainably, has entered into an MoU withAmundi, the leading European asset manager,to conductresearch together in the field of ESG, with the objective of improving and driving positive change for humanity.
• The FII-Instituteis mandated to transform innovative research/projects into actionable solutions that tackle major societal issues, and Amundi, will partner on conducting and publishing joint research on ESG in Emerging Markets.
• The memorandum was signed by Jean-Jacques Barbéris, Head of Corporate and Institutional Clients Division and ESG, Amundi, and Richard Attias, CEO of the FII-Institute, at the FII-Institute’sinaugural ESG virtual conference under the theme of “Neo Renaissance: Mobilizing ESG for a Sustainable Future.” The ESG conference offersinsights into how to boost participation of emerging markets in ESG and the role of ESG across corporations, retail investing, and monetary policy in pursuit of a sustainable world.
• Jean-Jacques Barbéris, Head of Corporate and Institutional Clients Division and ESG, Amundi, commented, “We are delighted to become an ESG Research partner with the FII-Institute. Amundi brings to this partnership extensive investment experience and deep knowledge of emerging markets. Our conception of ESG is to incentivize companies to engage into the transition we all need. Different approaches are therefore needed depending of geographies and we are happy to develop new research capacities on ESG in emerging markets with FII-Institute.”
• Richard Attias, CEO of the FII-Institute, stated, “We are very pleased to enter into an MoU with Amundi to collaborate on ESG research and focus on emerging markets. This agreement reflects the FII-Institute’s commitment to advance ESG awareness and work with key stakeholders to advance our common sustainability objectives.