FII Institute (FII-I) to Host Environmental Sustainability Conference to Inspire the Development of a Global Green Recovery Plan Institute behind annual Future Investment Initiative (FII) conference to host virtual event in June 25th to discuss the role of sustainability in recovery from global socio-economic and healthcare crises Saudi Minister of Energy, French Minister of State, Attached to the Minister for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition, are among the international line up of speakers including leading scientists, global business executives and a Nobel Laureate Virtual event is second in a series hosted by the Future Investment Initiative Institute
June 23,2020, Riyadh - The Future Investment Initiative Institute (FII-I), a new not-for-profit global foundation and the power behind the annual FII conference in Saudi Arabia, has announced the second in a planned FII Institute series of virtual events.
•“Don’t Forget Our Planet!” will bring together on June 25th an influential group of decision makers, financial leaders and innovators to outline the key elements of a global green recovery plan.
• “The way out of this current recession lies in rethinking and reconnecting with the planet as individuals, as companies, and as investors. An environmentally sound and sustainable recovery plan will create jobs, upgrade infrastructure and deliver financial returns,” commented His Excellency Yasir Al-Rumayyan, Governor of the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia and Chairman of the FII Institute.
• This virtual conference will convene environmental and finance experts from around the world who will explore nature-based solutions, investment opportunities, and recovery plans in line with the Paris Agreement and the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Watch a video previewing event highlights here.
• Keynote speakers include:
H.R.H Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman Al-Saud, Minister of Energy, Kingdom of Saudi Arabi
H.E. Yasir Al-Rumayyan, Governor of the Public Investment Fund and Chairman of the FII Institute, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
H.E. Brune Poirson, Secretary of State, attached to the Minister of Ecological and Solidary Transition, France
H.E. Jacques Attali, Economist, Author and President of Positive Planet, France
Mr Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries Limited, India
Dr. Anousheh Ansari, CEO of the XPRIZE Foundation, USA
Ms. Barbara Belvisi, Founder and CEO of Interstellar Lab, France
Mr. Jay Collins, Vice Chairman, Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory, of Citi, USA
Dr. Jane Goodall, PhD, DBE, Founder of the Jane Goodall Institute and UN Messenger of Peace, United Kingdom
Ms. Marianne Haahr, Executive Director of the Green Digital Finance Alliance, Denmark
Dr. Mario Molina, 1995 Nobel Laureate in Chemistry and President of the Mario Molina Centre, Mexico
Dr. Bertrand Piccard, Chairman of the Solar Impulse Foundation, Switzerland
Mr. Patrick Pouyanné, Chairman and Chief Executive of Total SA, France
Lord Adair Turner, Chairman of the Energy Transitions Commission and Senior Fellow at the Institute for New Economic Thinking, United Kingdom
Richard Attias, Chief Executive Officer of FII Institute said: “The current socio-economic and healthcare crises have shown us that our strength lies in cooperation and shared knowledge. This is why we have brought together some of the world’s brightest minds to develop thought- provoking, actionable propositions on how to deliver positive change on a global level.”
• “Don’t Forget Our Planet!” will highlight the view that current crises are presenting humanity with a historic opportunity for change. Conference topics will include:
Lessons learned on what it takes to protect nature and the environment
Sustainable energy solutions and the role for public and private sector leaders in building a more sustainable world
Green solutions as the way forward
Ecology through the lens of profitability
“Don’t Forget Out Planet!” will be livestreamed on FII-I YouTube channel and Twitter on June 25th from 11:00 – 13:00 EDT / 18:00 – 20:00 KSA
• The FII-I virtual event series is one of many milestones on the Institute’s roadmap to its flagship annual conference in Riyadh on October 28-29, 2020, and beyond. The Institute recently also launched its new Impact report series which curates the world’s brightest ideas that can impact humanity sustainably. The inaugural Impact report entitled “Winning the Battle of Disease Together” can be accessed online here. The first virtual event, “Beyond the Crisis: Technology to the Rescue,” which took place in April, can be viewed here.