Riyadh, Jan. 28th, 2021 – His Royal Highness the Crown Prince, Mohammed bin Salman, said Saudi Arabia will announce a new development for Riyadh as part of its efforts to expand economic diversification through urban centers.
• ‘’All of Riyadh’s features set the groundwork for job creation, economic growth, investment, and many more opportunities,’’ HRH Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said in a conversation with Senator Matteo Renzi, Former Prime Minister of Italy and member of the Board of Trustees of the FII Institute at the Fourth Edition of the Future Investment Initiative during a panel session titled ‘The Future of Riyadh’.
• ‘’We are therefore aiming to make Riyadh one of the ten largest city economies in the world – today it stands at number 40, the fortieth largest city economy worldwide,’’ he said. ‘’We also aim to increase its residents from 7.5 million residents today to around 15-20 million residents in 2030.’’
• With cities represending 85 percent of global economic, ‘’true growth begins in the city, whether in terms of industry, innovation, education, services, or other sectors,’’ HRH Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said. ‘’I have no doubt that the world economies are not based on nations, but on cities.’’
• Riyadh represents about 50% of the non-oil economy in Saudi Arabia while the cost to create jobs in the city are 30% less than the other cities of Saudi Arabia, the Crown Prince said.
• ‘’The cost of developing infrastructure and real estate is also 29% less than the other cities, while the infrastructure in Riyadh is already very well accomplished because of the sound management and planning performed by His Highness King Salman over a period of 55 years and more,’’ he said.
• Saudi Arabia also plans for a Green Riyadh program, HRH Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said. This will entail planting millions of trees in the city to reduce temperatures and dust levels. There are also plans to improve the environmental condition of the city and the province, as well as supporting other environmental projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to be announced at a later date, he said.
Saudi Aramco Listing
• HRH Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman also said that a second listing of Saudi Aramco could happen as part of its plans to raise funds for its sovereign-wealth fund.
• This will yield a cash flow transferred to PIF to be reinvested domestically and internationally to be benefit Saudi citizens, he said.
About the 4th Edition of FII
• The main program will be livestreamed from Riyadh. Speakers will be filmed and broadcast across all satellite FII cities and on live-streaming platforms.
• There will be keynote addresses, plenary sessions and also breakout discussions at all of the venues.• Follow along on our social channels with Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram and join in the conversation with #FIINeoRenaissance.
• About the Future Investment Initiative Institute
• The Future Investment Initiative Institute is a new generation of global not-for-profit foundation that ensures the world’s brightest ideas find their way to materialize, scale and create positive sustainable Impact on Humanity.
• With an ambitious vision to empower the brightest minds to shape a better future for ALL and with ALL, the FII Institute brings together global leaders and experts to collectively curate and enable concrete ideas that can solve today’s most pressing societal issues while creating long-term platforms to reshape the future of humanity
• To learn more about the FII Institute, visit http://fii-institute.org.
Keep up with latest news by following us on LinkedIn and Twitter (@FIIKSA).
Media General Inquiries Contact:email@example.com