New global foundation behind annual Future Investment Initiative conference launches Impact report series
JUNE 17, 2020 – The Future Investment Initiative Institute (FII-I), a new non-for-profit global foundation and the power behind the annual FII conference in Saudi Arabia, has launched its Impact report series which curates the world’s brightest ideas that can impact humanity sustainably.
•The report also looks at different elements of the Covid-19 crisis across various perspectives – from economic to social, political to academic, cultural to scientific. As well as the crucial importance of collaboration – a core value of FII-I.
• Richard Attias, CEO of FII-I, commented:
"The need to find sustainable, innovative solutions to the threat of pandemic disease has never been more urgent and the global pandemic has shown us that our strength lies in cooperation and shared knowledge. That’s why in our first Impact report we brought together some of the world’s brightest minds, including leading experts from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, the WHO social science expert group, and Metabiota, which has curated data from over 2,500 epidemics to identify specific risks.”
• Impact also offers concrete, actionable "Call to Impact" recommendations for governments, healthcare officials, investors and the general public, including:
Leveraging the power of big data to better predict where infectious diseases could emerge to enable take swift action and prevent them spreading
Investing in AI and machine learning to further accelerate the development of vaccines and speed up the discovery of new antibiotic compounds
Ensuring national response strategies are thorough, guiding nations from lockdown measures through to relaxing restrictions and returning to a normal state
The launch of the Impact report series is just one of many milestones on FII-I’s journey to its flagship annual conference in Riyadh on October 28-29, 2020, and beyond. The institute is hosting “Don’t Forget Our Planet – Time for a Sustainable Reset,” the second event of its virtual series, on June 25th, and a second Impact report focused on sustainability will be published in August.
• “Winning the Battle of Disease Together” can be accessed online here.
• About the Impact series
• Impact is a new series of magazine-style reports tackling key opportunities, challenges, and engaging topics across the Future Investment Initiative Institute’s four impact areas: Healthcare, Sustainability, Robotics, and Artificial Intelligence.
• About the Future Investment Initiative Institute
• The Future Investment Initiative Institute (FII-I) is a new generation of global foundation that ensures the world's brightest ideas find their way to materialize, scale and create positive sustainable impact on humanity.
• With an ambitious vision to empower the brightest minds to shape a better future for ALL and with ALL, the FII-I will bring together global leaders and experts to collectively curate and enable concrete ideas that can solve today's most pressing societal issues while creating long-term platforms to reshape the future of humanity.
• To learn more about the FII-I, visit http://fii-institute.org. Keep up with latest news by following us on LinkedIn and Twitter (@FIIKSA) and join in the conversation with #ImpactOnHumanity and #CallToImpact.
• About the Future Investment Initiative
• Held under the FII Institute, the fourth edition of the Future Investment Initiative (FII) will take place with a “Neo-Renaissance” theme on October 28-29, 2020, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. More than 6,000 leading CEOs, investors and policymakers from around the world attended FII 2019, making it the third largest business gathering of the year.
• Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org